To ensure the overall performance enhancement and Wi-Fi connection stability, Pulsar released a new firmware update introducing an application of WPA2 security protocol for Wi-Fi connection.
After updating the new firmware, your unit will be connecting to your smartphone or tablet using WPA2 protocol, ensuring better stability and higher data security.
The firmware update is for the following Pulsar thermal units:
- Helion XQ – new FW version: 03.01.81
- Helion XP – new FW version: 03.01.81
- Accolade XQ – new FW version: ПО 03.00.32
- Accolade XP – new FW version: 03.00.32
- Accolade XQ LRF – new FW version: 03.00.32
- Accolade XP LRF – new FW version: 03.00.32
- Trail XQ – new FW version: 03.01.50
- Trail XP – new FW version: 03.01.50
- Trail XQ LRF – new FW version: 03.01.50
- Trail XP LRF – new FW version: 03.01.50
This update increases temperature sensitivity in “Identification Mode” for XQ units, providing better detection and identification of objects when there are differences in low-temperature conditions. For example, during fog and precipitation.
These units are:
- Helion XQ
- Accolade XQ
- Accolade XQ LRF
- Trail XQ
- Trail XQ LRF
In “Identification” mode of these XQ units, you might notice an increase in noise in the image. This level of noise is normal and does not influence the unit’s sensor. Noise in the image is the result of the increased sensitivity. To remove the noise, switch to “Forest” or “Rocks” modes.
After switching to the new WPA2 security protocol, the default password will change in all units. After the update is complete, the unit’s Wi-Fi password will change to “12345678.” You can change the password later in the settings.
Follow Pulsar on social media